Monday, July 2, 2007

I Don't Get MySpace

In addition to not being hip to myspace whenever the hell it started becoming the popular thing I also developed an unexplained aversion to it. I don't know why. Perhaps it's the fact that every myspace page I ever looked at is a design abortion? What the hell is going on there? Why does everyone choose to use a complex photo background so you can't READ ANYTHING??? I don't have cause to go there but whenever I have the page looks like digital vomit. They remind me of those copy protection schemes used by computer games back in the old days where you had to read something using a red filter over your eye.

That's what I like about Blogger here, its templates do not encourage hideous web design. You have to try harder to fuck it up and make it an illegible mess. Seems like with MySpace the illegible mess goes with the territory. I don't get it.

No comments: