Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hooray For FedEx

Unprecedented! At exactly 8:09PM, yes PM, you know, when its dark out, I heard a knock at my door and found of all things, the FedEx guy! Wow! My package was scheduled to arrive today after a poorly-thought-out choice on my part to have it sent to my home address. (I thought I would be on vacation at the time, but I was wrong.) So I fully expected it to bounce whilst I was at work today and have him come 'round tomorrow again. But to show up at night, when I'm actually home, that's like a miracle! I was so caught off guard I didn't even think to give the guy a proper fruit basket or a slab of beer. I mean, the guy actually apologized thinking it was like a "late hour" or something! Wow, a super-convenient night delivery has never occured in my LIFE except for one time when I had something delivered by some obscure shipping service which cost a LOT. Too damn cool. This tears at the very fabric of society, wherein all service jobs seemingly cease at 5PM making it impossible for anyone who works 1st shift to get certain things done. It's like for a brief moment the world actually worked how I wished it would work.

No comments: